Grant Writing 101 - January 24 and 25, 2024 - Member
- Registration Closed
Participants will leave this training with the knowledge and resources they need to develop an award-winning application. They will receive information about where to locate and how to determine eligibility and the associated expectations and requirements attached to federal funding opportunities.
Participants will be given step-by-step instructions on the essential elements to complete the application process; will learn the six steps of program development and receive 24 tips for writing a winning proposal. In addition, participants will recognize a logic model as a helpful tool to develop S.M.A.R.T. goals and performance objectives and receive other tools to develop timelines and budgets. Participants will also receive links to a wealth of information to help them be successful in obtaining and managing a federal award.
To enhance the knowledge and skills of grant applicants to understand:
· Grant mechanics: how grants work and the expectations attached
· The basic stages and cyclical processes for grants management
· How to successfully pursue, “win” and manage a federal grant even if you don’t have a dedicated grant writer or manage
· How to locate grant resources and tools you can use including, tips and tricks for working in JustGrants
Agenda for Day One, Wednesday, January 24, 2023 (2:30-4:30 p.m. ET)
· Welcome and Introductions
o What problems would you like to address or have addressed with grant funding?
o What have been your major challenges or successes related to pursuing grants?
· What is a grant?
· Overview of Stages of Grant Management
· Where is the money? Identifying Funding Opportunities
· Zeroing in on Federal Funding Opportunities - How do you know if you are eligible?
· What you need to apply? e.g. Unique Identifier, DUNS, System for Award Management (SAM) Registration, etc.
· Proposal Timeframes
· Importance of Strategic Planning and Stakeholder Engagement
· Introduction to a Logic Model & SMART Objectives
· How to Design a Program and Write a Proposal
o Six Steps of Program Design
Agenda for Day Two, Thursday, January 25, 2024 (2:30-4:30 p.m. ET)
· Welcome Back – Thoughts/Questions
· Six Steps of Program Design (continued)
· Implementation and Performance Objectives
· Developing Timelines
· Budget Development (SF-424 Cost Categories)/Addressing Sustainability, Match Requirements
· Impact Evaluation & Evidence Based Outcomes
· Grant Writing Tips and Tricks
· Working with JustGrants
· What to do in Wait Mode
· Workshop Participant Evaluations & Adjourn